About Widder Station
In 1859, the Grand Trunk Railway built its track just north of the Town of Widder, (originally known as Pinehill). The Railway line linked Toronto to Chicago.
Nelson Southworth, an early settler, laid out a townsite on his lands near the new railway line and donated property for the railway station.
This settlement was named Thetford after his hometown in Vermont. In pioneer times, it was often referred to as Widder Station, and through a spelling mistake, the Village became known as Thedford.
The names Widder and Widder Station have long disappeared from the areas current geography but, we feel that history should play a part in our golf course and development.